Friday, September 23, 2011

Preliminary Stats Day 1

So, I tracked everything I ate yesterday using My Fitness Pal as a guideline for calories, carbs, fat and protein. After I completed the entry for the day, it had written in big red letters at the bottom "you are eating too few calories". Go figure, right? My totals for each category were as follows:

Calories: 1472/1800
Carbs: 75/248
Fat: 48/60
Protein: 37/68

I didn't keep track of my exercise on top of that, so I'm sure the numbers would be even less if I added the walking I did. I just didn't want to add it since time isn't really a good indicator of how much you actually walk. I usually stop a bunch of times while out so the dogs can sniff every blade of grass on our route. I would like my numbers to be as accurate as possible so I know what I'm doing wrong and what I'm doing right.

Today, I'm going to dust off my Wii Fit and get that habit back. That will also help keep my numbers a bit more accurate since it records everything I do as well. The only thing I don't like about the Wii Fit is that it bases a lot of it's guideline on the BMI and I'd rather it include measurements if that's the way it was going to be. Hell, I have a friend, skinny as a rail try it out and it said that his BMI was above average. I've heard of people who work out that have a lot of muscle mass that have stepped on that thing and the little animation pops up of their Mii bloating up to obese. Obviously I'm there, but I just really wish you could put measurements in as well as the weight. Also, I'm well aware that we use the metric system, but when was the last time you weighed yourself in kilograms? I wish that you could change it to pounds because I'm always bugging Bill to do the conversion for me.

So that's that! Off to get on the Wii Fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment