Sunday, September 25, 2011

Preliminary Stats Day 3

Yesterday was a good day - at least when it came to exercise and food. I'm going to get the boring stuff out of the way though, first! My Fitness Pal says this:

Calories: 1341/1800
Carbs: 56/248
Fat: 34/60
Protein: 96/68

I also did A LOT of walking yesterday. Probably over half of my waking hours were out and about on my feet. Again, a good reason to get a pedometer so I can actually find out how many steps I've taken.

I was lazy with the Wii Fit and only did my test since I had so much to do yesterday. I was up by a pound, but that probably had to do with me not using it at the same time as usual and because fo the crap I ate the day before. It's all good, though. I don't plan on paying attention to my weight every single day, anyways. It's unhealthy for your self esteem to keep checking and checking. Once every one or two weeks will be more than enough!

So, as for supper yesterday; I FINALLY did right by Jerry and Atkins. I made a low carb bread that turned out fantastic! I loved it, Bill loved it, Jerry loved it, Jory thought it was so-so and Andrew wasn't a fan of how chewy it was. It was a little more chewy than normal bread, but I was very impressed with how fluffy it was with the ingredients I used as well as the flavour was great! I made it in a Black & Decker 2lbs bread machine and it was a 1lb loaf. I will share the recipe, it's so a must try!

½ c. luke warm water
1 large egg
1 tblsp. softened unsalted butter
2 tblsp. Splenda sugar substitute
⅓ c. ground flax
¼ c. soy flour
¾ c. gluten flour
1 tsp. bread machine yeast

Bake it on what ever regular white setting you have on your machine and set if for 1lb if you have the option. I set mine to light crust when I baked it.

I also used the Presidents Choice brand of the sugar substitute which has no carbs compared to the Splenda substitute. The recipe was listed as a total of 20 carbs, but I imagine what I made was closer to 18.

The only other thing I can add about this recipe is that it's fairly hard to find and is rather expensive to buy gluten flour. I bought it at Bulk Barn and I don't remember how much I paid, but it was significantly more expensive than the ground flax and soy flour that I also bought there.

I think that's all I have to share for today. TTFN! Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment