Saturday, September 24, 2011

Preliminary Stats Day 2

So, yesterday was a bad day for calories. In 2 meals, I went pretty far over. You'd be surprised how quickly something you think is healthy will slap you in the face with how bad it is for you.

I made an omelette for lunch yesterday. I put some of my homemade bruschetta in it, some ham and some cheese. When I punched everything into My Fitness Pal, that was pretty much my whole count for the day! So it didn't help that Bill and I felt lazy that night and opened a can of ravioli for supper because we didn't feel like cooking. So in the end, my numbers were pretty shameful. But hey, that's why I'm trying to keep track of things I normally do so I can see where I go wrong before I try this diet out.

Calories: 2532/1800
Carbs: 72/248
Fat: 121/60
Protein: 96/68

Now, there is a silver lining to round the day out. I did get on my Wii Fit and I was pretty happy with myself. It's been 3 months since I've used it, and it told me that I was down 10lbs from the last time! Also, not that this means anything to anyone that hasn't used the device, it told me I was 31 years old, which is also good since I haven't used it in a while. In that time frame I've been both pretty sick as well as that's when I started going to the pool 3 times a week. So I'm sure I'm down because of a combination of both, but either way, it's still good to see numbers drop instead of go up.

Tonight my friends who are already on Atkins are coming over for supper tonight, so I have to make a conscious effort to cook Atkins friendly. I've been recipe hunting these last few weeks to get myself prepared for when Bill and I go on it. It's actually pretty impressive how much "normal" food you can still eat. Since I do a lot of my cooking and baking from scratch, it doesn't make for that much different of a routine - it's just the ingredients used. Unfortunately it's also the price tag. But, that's a fact with pretty much any diet change. Cheap food is crammed with fillers which is what brings the price down and in turn makes it really bad for you. I'm not saying that people should go to organic - that shit's bad for you AND the environment. I'm just saying that you should understand what each ingredient listed on packaged food actually means. You'd be surprised what you're eating everyday.

If you want a good and entertaining read about what you eat, take a look at The 6 Most Horrifying Lies The Food Industry Is Telling You. Most of it is only applicable to the States (we have much stricter food laws here - though I'm sure these loopholes in them as well that could be just as bad as these ones).

So yeah, if I manage to make anything interesting enough to share a recipe for, I will definitely do that! But for now, on with my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment